The girls’ varsity tennis team played well today against the Asheville Christian Academy. We won the regular match 9-0 and won six exhibition matches. Sunna Maass led the Furies at #1 singles and fought to a 6-2, 6-0 victory and Louise King put in extra effort to close out her match 6-0, 6-3. Zayla Smith and Addison Winter also performed well in their first match together at #3 doubles.
1. Sunna Maass d. Sophie Renfro 6-2, 6-0
2. Brynna Myers d. Lucie Pittman 6-2, 6-0
3. Julia Kincaid d. Alaina Cender 6-0, 6-0
4. Mary Brooks Hall d. Ava Franklin 6-0, 6-1
5. Erika Choopani d. Katy Owens 6-3, retired
6. Louise King d. Elizabeth Harris 6-0, 6-3
1. Maass/Myers d. Pittman/Renfro 8-2
2. Hall/Kincaid d. Franklin/Harris 8-4
3. Addison Winter/Zayla Smith d. Amira Hartman/Porter 8-2
Addison Winter d. Lily Porter 8-1
Anna Merritt Madden d. Izzy Grualano 8-3
Molly Thompson d. Gianna Chiappin 8-0
Olivia Samuels d. Lily Anne Bobilya 8-1
Lily Weeks/Ray Wang d. Gracie McDade/Aizy Douglas 9-7
Louise King/Anna Merritt Madden d. Izzy Grualano/Cender 8-2
Forsyth Country Day School (FCDS) is a private, college preparatory, independent school for preschool through high school located in Lewisville, NC, just outside of Winston-Salem. Students benefit from a challenging academic curriculum, fine and performing arts, competitive athletics, and a wide selection of extracurricular activities.
Non-Discrimination Policy: Forsyth Country Day School is committed to administering all education and employment activities without discrimination based on one’s race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.